My Favourite Songs, Albums and Artists of All Time: https://crownnote.com/charts/gameskiller01/my-favourite-songs-of-all-time
Top albums of the week:
1) Dave - 'PSYCHODRAMA' (Debut)
2) Ariana Grande - 'thank u, next' (-1)
3) AJ Tracey - 'AJ Tracey' (-1)
4) Post Malone - 'beerbongs & bentleys' (-1)
5) Sigrid - 'Sucker Punch' (Debut)
After 4 weeks, Ariana Grande's domination comes to an abrupt end at the hands of Dave, who dethrones Ariana on both the singles and albums charts. On the albums, his 'PYSCHODRAMA' debuts at #1 as the only ever UK rap album to reach the top, while over on the singles the 11-minute long 'Lesley' debuts at #1. Not only is it by far the longest ever #1, it's the longest track to ever reach my charts, with its 11:08 passing the 10:42 of Ed Sheeran's 'You Need Me, I Don't Need You (captured in The Live Room)'. It's Dave's 3rd #1, after 'Funky Friday' and '18HUNNA'. Dave has a total of 6 Top 10s this week, while 'PSYCHODRAMA' sees all 11 of its tracks chart, making it only the 6th album to chart in its entirety, following 'Camila', 'My Dear Melancholy,', 'beerbongs & bentleys', 'Kamikaze' and 'thank u, next'.
The highest climber of the week also comes from Dave, as his 'Black' climbs 14 places from #25 to just outside of the Top 10 at #11, while Lewis Capaldi's tracks are the highest charting non-Dave or Ariana tracks, with 'Grace' at #12 and 'Someone You Loved' at #13. Ava Max makes a chart return after 'Sweet but Psycho' peaked at #5 as follow-up track 'So Am I' debuts at a very high #14, considering the circumstances. Ariana Grande still has a total of 16 tracks on the chart this week, and when combined with Dave's 12 tracks that makes for 28 tracks between them, or 70% of the chart! There are also a couple of very high-profile dropouts, as both 'She Loves Control' and 'rockstar' drop out - both tracks have spent over a year on the chart, and were 2 of only 3 tracks to manage it. The other is 'Bloodstream', which spends its 96th week on the chart this week!
Thanks for reading everyone! :D
- Dave's 'PYSHCODRAMA' debuts at #1 on the albums chart, the only UK rap album to ever reach #1
- Dave also debuts at #1 on the singles chart, as 'Lesley' becomes his 3rd #1
- 'Lesley' is the longest ever song to reach my charts, at a hefty 11:08
- Dave has a total of 6 Top 10 entries this week, tying 'beerbongs & bentleys' for 4th
- 'PSYCHODRAMA' sees all 11 of its tracks chart this week, making it just the 6th album to chart in its entirety
- 'Black' is the highest climber of the week, up 14 places to #11
- 'So Am I' is the highest non-Dave debut, at a circumstantially high #14
- Ariana Grande and Dave hold 70% of the chart between them
- 2 of the 3 tracks to spend over a year on the chart, 'She Loves Control' and 'rockstar', drop out this week
Early predictions for next week's Top 10 (new entries to the Top 10 in bold):
EXTREMELY notable dropout:
Camila Cabello - 'She Loves Control'
EXTREMELY notable dropout:
Post Malone ft. 21 Savage - 'rockstar'
Dropouts (notable dropouts in bold):