so last year around this time, Bridgit Mendler dropped the incredible song "Atlantis", which ended up being my most-played song of 2016. She hasn't released anything that's stuck that well with me since, "Temperamental Love" was pretty big for me earlier this year, but now. Oh boy.
"Diving" by Bridgit Mendler featuring production duo RKCB blasts into the #1 spot with a massive lead, dropping Superfruit's "Imaginary Parties" down to #2 for the first time in 2 weeks. "Agnes" by Glass Animals stays steady at #3, vaulting over "In Undertow" by Alvvays, which is also passed up by Lorde's 6+ week number one, "Green Light". Outside of the top 5, The xx climb up to a new peak of #6 for "I Dare You", and Coldplay drifts out of the top 5 with "All I Can Think About Is You". Amber Mark debuts on the chart at a strong #8 with the emotional tribute "Monsoon", featuring her late mother. The Japanese House grabs their first top 10 with "Saw You In A Dream", and Miley Cyrus rounds out the top 10 with her new single "Younger Now".
- "Magnetic" - Chloe Howl
- An absolutely massive pop track, this song peaked at #3 and is very likely to reappear next week, as it's still in heavy rotation.
- "Girl Like You" - Toro y Moi
- This vaporwave-style track drops off of the chart this week, after peaking at #8 and dropping sharply after that.
- "Interweb" - Poppy
- Despite great promo efforts, "Interweb" falls off the chart from #14.
- "Liability - Reprise" - Lorde
- Lorde shouldn't worry about this one too much. The entire Melodrama album was massively successful for me, and this will probably show up again sometime.